Potential-swap-with-watermark I'm off to a friend's demonstrator group get together today.  I'm always grateful that Mo has included me in her group – since my original group is in British Columbia.  Now that I'm living in Ontario, it's a bit far to go for get togethers. 

We're doing a shoebox swap, so we each come up with a prototype card and supplies for each person to recreate it.

This was the first version of my card, using the Stampin' Up! set, Very Thankful.  It's the Ronald McDonald House charity set – for each set sold, Stampin' Up! donates $2 to the RMHC. 

I liked the card, but felt it was a bit blah.  I asked my friend Sue (my original group leader!) to give me some input, so I amended it…

Amended-swap That, and some better editing of the photo lets the card "pop" a bit more, don't you think?

I added a layer of Melon Mambo onto the Rich Razzleberry card base.  It's still a clean, simple design, but more substantial.  (At least that's what I think!!).

In order to get the design and sentiment separate, I actually cut the rubber of the stamp before mounting it onto the wood.  I like the ability to "custom mount" as I see fit!

Remounted-stamp Double-mounted-stamp   

  

I've mounted the images on one side.  The label shows what's on the other side of the block…

This way, I can use just the images or just the sentiment… 

  

  

I'm looking forward to getting together with _my_ group of demonstrators in September.  If you'd like to be there, please take advantage of the current starter kit specials – which end on MONDAY.  See here for more details & to get your starter kit….the password is ehteam.  Please contact me if you have any questions.

Share this post on: