Here’s a fun project to create – you could send it as a “Thank You” after visiting friends!
Paper: I Am Me Designer Series Paper, 130138
Cardstock: Calypso Coral, 122925; Pool Party, 122924
Non-Stampin’ Up!: Light cardboard such as that packed with Designer Series Paper
1. Cut two pieces of Designer Series Paper 3-7/8” x 12”. Score at 3-7/8”, 7-3/4” and 11-5/8”. Trim the remaining 3/8” piece at the end off of ONE of the strips.
2. Adhere the strips together with the 3/8” piece of the first strip overlapping the back of one end of the second strip. (Important: If your DSP has a clear up-and-down image, be careful when you’re using it that up is always up!)
3. Accordion fold the long strip, beginning at the left with a valley fold. Crease all folds.
4. For the front and back covers, cut two pieces of light cardboard 4-1/8” square and two pieces of DSP 5-1/8” square.
5. Adhere a piece of DSP to a piece of cardboard, centering the cardboard on the DSP. Diagonally clip off the corners of the DSP almost to the corners of the cardboard. Fold the 1/2” of DSP on each side in toward the uncovered side of the cardboard and adhere to the cardboard.
6. Apply adhesive around the edges of one side of the accordion-folded DSP and adhere the accordion folded DSP to one of the pieces of covered cardboard. Repeat with the other end of the DSP and the second piece of cardboard.
7. Cut 6 pieces of Calypso Coral cardstock 2-1/8” x 3” x 3-1/8, and 6 pieces of Pool Party cardstock 3” square. The Calypso Coral piece is a mat for a photo cut 2” x 3”, and the Pool Party piece is for journalling.
8. Arrange one piece of each color on each of the 6 inside panels (you could even cut more cardstock for the back panels, if you wish!), with the 2-1/8” x 3-1/8” piece overlapping the 3” square piece.
See the scrap map showing 16 different way you can arrange the two pieces. I’ve arranged them in pairs, but use them however they work with your pictures.
9. Decorate the front as you wish. If you wish to have a ribbon or twine to tie around the album, adhere it to the front only, and cover with a decoration/embellishment.