Here is great way to use up your scraps of Designer Series Paper to create a unique background. It was shared with me by a demonstrator from Europe, so it uses metric measurements (funny how I stick to imperial measurements for cardmaking, even though we use the metric system otherwise in Canada. Probably because our paper is imperial sized still?!). Anyway – easy enough to adapt to imperial sizes. Usual card is 8.5″ x 5.5″ base, folded in half, with layers of 5.25″ x 4″ and 5″ x 3.75″. You could use .5″ strips (1.5cm = .6 inch)
Paper (with cutting dimensions):
Whisper White cardstock (100730) 9.5cm x 9.5cm, 10cm x 10cm & scrap
Rich Razzleberry cardstock (115316) or available as part of Bohemian Cardstock Pack (139003) 21cm x 14.8cm & scrap
Bohemian Designer Series Paper (138446) – Cut three or more different patterned paper pieces into thin strips of equal widths of about 1cm or 1.5cm (sample uses 1.5 cm)
1) Pick one of the darker strips of Designer Series Paper, apply Liquid Multipurpose Adhesive to the back of the strip and adhere it to the Whisper White cardstock base diagonally. It will divide the cardstock piece into two triangular sections.
2) Adhere another strip from the same Designer Series Paper across one of the two sections, forming a T.
3) Take a third strip of the same patterned paper and adhere it diagonally across the other section. You now have four triangular spaces on the card base. (See photo)
4) Pick one section of the cardstock and carefully apply a thin layer of Liquid Multipurpose Adhesive. Start to adhere a different patterned piece of Designer Series Paper. Take another strip from the same pattern and adhere it to the opposite side of the triangle.
5) Continue to add pairs of Designer Series Paper strips until the first section is filled.
6) Turn over the cardstock and trim the strips. Don’t trim all the way to the cardstock just yet. You can use the leftovers strips to fill other triangle spaces.
7) Repeat steps four to six for each triangle space until the whole card is covered.
8) Run your bone folder over the back of your cardstock to make sure all pieces are adhered. Carefully trim all the strips of Designer Series Paper with your Paper Snips. Adhere this to the Whisper White matting, then adhere it to the card front.
9) Stamp with your sentiment onto a scrap piece of Whisper White cardstock and punch out with the Label Bracket Punch.
10) Punch out a circle in Rich Razzleberry cardstock. Adhere the sentiment with Dimensionals onto the circle. Adhere the circle to the card front.