CARD – Just Believe
Here’s a card that works particularly well with any of the colours from our Brights Collection, teamed with Basic Black. Make up a bunch of identical cards using other Brights cardstocks to create a great gift!
STAMPS: Just Believe (116948)
INK: Versamark (102283)
CARDSTOCK: Basic Black (121045), Tempting Turquoise (102067)
ACCESSORIES: 1-1/4″ Circle Punch (119861), 1-3/8″ Circle Punch (119860), Itty Bitty Shapes Punch Pack (118309), Black Emboss Powder (109133), Basic Rhinestones (119246), Basic Black 1/8″ Taffeta Ribbon (119261), SNAIL Adhesive (104332), Stampin’ Dimensionals (104430), Sticky Strip (104294), Glue Dots (103683), Heat Tool (100005), Embossing Buddy (103083), Paper Cutter (104152), Stamp-a-ma-jig (101049)
1. Cut and score a 3-3/4″ square card blank from Basic Black card. Cut a 3-1/2″ square mat from Tempting Turquoise card.
2. Wrap two pieces of Basic Black 1/8″ Taffeta Ribbon across the centre of the Tempting Turquoise mat and secure at the back with Sticky Strip. Adhere to card front.
3. Sweep some Tempting Turquoise card with the Embossing buddy. Stamp the circular design from the Just Believe stamp set three times using Versamark ink. Using the Stamp-a-ma-jig, selectively ink and stamp out the “thank you” sentiment onto separate lines, also using Versamark. Cover the stamped images with Black Emboss Powder and heat emboss with the heat tool. Punch out with the 1-1/4″ Circle.
4. Punch the 1-3/8″ Circle from Basic Black card four times. Mat your stamped images onto the black circles. Adhere to the cardfront in the centre of each quadrant using stampin’ dimensionals. You may wish to align the flowers as in the example.
5. Punch 4 small four petaled flowers (from the Itty Bitty Shapes punch pack) from Basic Black card and adhere around the sentiment using glue dots. Add Basic Rhinestones to the centre of all flowers on card.
6. Tie a small bow from Basic Black 1/8″ Taffeta Ribbon and adhere to the centre of the card front with a glue dot.
7. You are done!
SCRAPBOOK PAGE – You Are My Sunshine
The beautiful detail of the Sunflower stamp makes it perfect for a background or as a focal point on a card or scrapbook page. This page features the Sunflower stamp, but also shows off 3-4 small photos nicely. If you look closely, the words “You are my sunshine” are handwritten as a separator between the sunflowers and the photos/journaling section. The technique used for the multi-colored sunflowers is simple to do-just remember to keep a light touch… and it always comes out great!
STAMPS: Sunflower (123606)
INK: Classic pads: More Mustard (103162); Note: the following are full sized Classic pads but can be substituted with Classic Ink Spots: Early Espresso (119670), Cajun Craze (119671), So Saffron (105213)
CARDSTOCK: 12 X 12: Whisper White (124302) & Early Espresso (119691); 8 ½ x 11: More Mustard (100946), So Saffron (105118), Cajun Craze (118684)
ACCESSORIES: Paper Cutter (104152), Brayer (102395), Stamping Sponge (101610), Antique Brads (117273), Paper Piercing Tool (116631), 2 ½ “ Circle Punch (120906), 2 3/8” Scallop Circle Punch, Scallop Trim Border Punch (118402), Early Espresso Stampin’ Write Marker (119680), Victoria 5/8” Crochet Trim (118481), SNAIL Adhesive (104332), Sponge Daubers ( 102892),
1. Use Paper Cutter to cut one piece of Whisper White cardstock sheet to 11 ¾” x 11 ¾”.
2. The following is best done on scrap paper first-noting what colour combinations you like. Always start each sunflower using brayer with More Mustard ink and roll over Sunflower stamp until thoroughly covered. (This insures you get a nice even base coating of ink on stamp.) Next, use a corner of another ink color pad (or ink spot) and start tapping in centre with Espresso ink, and moving slightly outward. Finally, tap Cajun Craze ink on edges and occasionally sliding down from center to outer edges. If ink on stamp has begun to dry, “huff” (breath) on stamp image before pressing onto upper half of white cardstock. Quickly stamp again (without re-inking) around stamped image once or twice filling in space around first stamped image with remaining ink on stamp. (these images will be much lighter)
3. Repeat step 2 one or two more times alternating colors (leave mustard in center and adding just Cajun Craze ink around outside petals). Stamp the crisper images, then repeat once or twice around that image with remaining ink on stamp.
4. Use piercing tool to poke holes in center of 2 or 3 sunflowers and insert Antique Brads.
5. Use fine point tip of Espresso marker and write in lower case “you are my sunshine” as you follow along to create a border along the bottom edge of all the flowers. Use the sponge dauber with Cajun ink and highlight the handwritten words, creating a separation from the top and bottom of the page. Use sponge and rub in Saffron ink-lightly fill in white areas on upper half of page by gently moving sponge in circular motion.
6. Cut Mustard cardstock to 11” x 2 ½”. Cut piece of Saffron cardstock 2” x 8 ½” then use Use Scallop Trim Border Punch on bottom only. Wrap piece of Crochet Trim around left side and tie into bow. Insert small Antique Brad in center. Layer Saffron cardstock over mustard cardstock strip centered and to the right. Attach to bottom of page centering between sides and bottom.
7. Use 2 3/8” Scallop Punch for your small photos. Use 2 ½” Circle Punch and punch out Cajun Craze Circles then layer your photos over them. Attach to page as shown in photo.
8. Use SNAIL adhesive to attach the page to larger Espresso cardstock.
9. Add your journaling and admire your page!